Friday, July 17, 2015

MARK YOUR CALENDARS there has been a change in the summer garden schedule:



Community Service just confirmed extra dates:  
No further date for July   delete suggestion of July 25th -- that is the Lowell's Folk Festival weekend
Add: August 1st  8:30 Am  at Shelter on  Middlesex Street  (plant Flower Boxes and hosta along the  newly created seating area ) 
then move to Blue Star for 10 AM  ( Hospitality:  Bonni)
August 8th  Club Meeting and floral program at Andrea & Bruce's House (Westborough)  --carpool from Bonni's at 10 AM
ADD:  August 15th  Blue Star  8 :30 AM   ( need Hospitality host ( water and cut orange wedges?  grapes?)  -- 
 ADD:  August 29th  Blue Star  8 :30 AM   & Lyons park  ( need hospitality host)
September 12th  Blue Star  8 :30 AM  & Lyons Park ( need Hospitality host)
Moving our September 8th regular club meeting to following Tuesday Sept 15th   This is the ends our Big Year and the Golden Trowel Challenge-- who will be the lucky winner with the most sightings!  I'm amazed at the number of species of birds that has been complied by our members.  And I have on behalf of the club submitted our Big Year for the Garden Club Federation's Norma Zettler Award "For the Love of Birds"  it is a Certificate of Merit and a copy of Norma's book to a garden club that promotes the education and a program on birds.

Also this Saturday July 18th:     10 -Noon  National Parks Visitors Center/Market Street  Green Lowell with Jay Mason   see you there!

Last night and 9 AM US mail pick up Today: I completed and sent a grant application for Civic Development and Historic Preservation  requesting $1000, from each category to rehab the Lyons' WWI Memorial Park  -- I'll keep you posted!!  I'd be happy with $500 from each category!   and I think I have a mason lined up to build us a cement walkway,  labor gratis  we only have to pay for materials--  keep our collective fingers crossed!

Finally, I want to share:   There are times I think that I send all you into the stratosphere (Pluto to be exact !) with  programs, activities and offerings.  
As president I want everyone  to be able to participate in a smorgasbord of pick and choose..  so we can enjoy want we want to do GC not what we have to!  Saying that,I just receive this 2 emails from an out-of-state members:     (#1) know you have lots going on with the GC.  I’m very proud to be a member of such a club that does so much good for the community.  You’re an amazing President and I just want to THANK YOU for all you do!!   Know that I appreciate all the great service our club does for the community.   
And #2 member writes :  do you ever sleep?!!  ( Ha!)

June Minutes will be forthcoming.  Bonni

No comments:

Post a Comment