Friday, December 5, 2014

Bird Watching Challenge: Explained!

WOW! all   It seems this bird-spotting idea is a hit!  so we have until now, ( those wild turkeys  geese, mallards and seagulls  .. don't for get them!  ha!) until next September
Can you just imagine how many birds one can spot!  I got some bird books from the library to brush up on the names, and I was amazed how many birds I have seen in my lifetime.  You'll be too.  Don't forget if you go to a zoo and see birds  that counts.. but only form 11/14 to  9/14, so Andrea and I can't use our birds of Costa Rica!  ha! 

 It is officially a GO!!!  The  Club's  "Big Year" challenge is on!  Remember you need to list the date the bird and the place seen,  and  I'd love for anyone to send me photo's   

Barbara has started us off sending a great gaggle of geese in her back yard  ( Babs, you should have printed that out photo for our contest!  it is an amazing shot!) 

Good Luck to us all!  From time to  time, I'll keep you all posted and with tips to sight birds.   

Here is the first one:  put out a suet block this winter, the woodpeckers will flock!      Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment